Bovine - Reagents
Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus Type 1&2 (BVDV-1&2) MAb E2 gp53 IgG2b Isotype
One year from date of sale
Store at 2-7 °C. Do not freeze!
Binds to the E2 (gp53) protein of Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus Type 1 (BVDV-1) and to Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus Type 2 (BVDV-2). IgG2b isotype. Can be used as a reagent to detect both BVDV-1 and BVDV-2 using indirect immunofluoresence or indirect immunoperoxidase reactions. This monoclonal antibody has also been used in virus neutralization assays. This monoclonal antibody is produced as mouse ascites fluid, clarified by centrifugation, and filtered through a 0.2 micrometer filter. The concentration is 1.0 mg/ml in phosphate-buffered saline, containing 4 mg/ml BSA, preserved with sodium azide.
Note: BVDV-1 genotypes usually produce only mild diarrhea in immunocompetent cattle, while BVDV-2 genotypes can produce thrombocytopenia, hemorrhages, and acute fatal disease. The viruses of either genotype may exist as one of two biotypes, cytopathic or noncytopathic. This product does not work with formalin fixed tissue.
- Deregt, D., et al. Mapping of a type 1-specific and a type-common epitope on the E2 (gp53) protein of bovine viral diarrhea virus with neutralization escape mutants. Virus Res. 53(1):81-90 (Jan. 1998).
- Deregt, D., and S. Prins. A monoclonal antibody-based immunoperoxidase monolayer (micro-isolation) assay for detection of type 1 and type 2 bovine viral diarrhea viruses. Can. J. Vet. Res. 62(2):152-155 (Apr. 1998).
- Deregt, D., et al. Monoclonal antibodies to the E2 protein of a new genotype (type 2) of bovine viral diarrhea virus define three antigenic domains involved in neutralization. Virus Res. 57(2):171-181 (Oct. 1998).
- Kelling, C.L., et al. Characterization of protection from systemic infection and disease by use of a modified-live noncytopathic bovine viral diarrhea virus type 1 vaccine in experimentally infected calves. Am. J. Vet. Res. 66(10):1785-1791 (Oct. 2005).
- Topliff CL, et al. Prevalence of bovine viral diarrhea virus infections in alpacas in the United States.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2009 Feb 15;234(4):519-29.
- Technical Data Sheet
- Certificate of Analysis for Lot P180823-001
- Certificate of Analysis for Lot P140203-001
Interested in more information for one of our testing options? Please fill out the form below, and one of our helpful representatives will contact you to gather more information.