Canine - Reagents
Canine Distemper Virus (CDV) MAb
One year from date of sale
Store at 2-7 °C. Do not freeze!
Canine Distemper Virus monoclonal antibody specific for nucleoprotein (inclusions). IgG2B isotype (kappa light chain). Cross-reacts with measles virus. Does not react with Canine Adenovirus Type 2 (CAV-2), Canine Coronavirus (CCV), Canine Parainfluenza Virus (CPI), or Canine Parvovirus (CPV). The concentration is 1.0 mg/ml in phosphate-buffered saline, preserved with sodium azide. Suitable for immunofluorescence, western blot, immunohistochemistry, capture ELISA. Immunofluorescence staining is cytoplasmic only (no nuclear staining) and is intense; inclusion bodies are stained most intensely. Using ultracentrifuge-precipitated CDV in reducing gels, it Western blots giving major bands at 76, 68, 54 and 32 kD. Immunohistochemistry has been performed using paraffin-embedded tissues to detect CDV.
- Uchida, K., et al. Non-purulent meningoencephalomyelitis of a Pacific striped dolphin (Lagenorhynchus obliquidens). The first evidence of morbillivirus infection in a dolphin at the Pacific Ocean around Japan. J. Vet. Med. Sci. 61(2):159-162 (Feb. 1999).
- Stanton, J.B., et al. Retrospective differentiation of canine distemper virus and phocine distemper virus in phocids. J. Wildlife Dis. 40(1):53-59 (Jan. 2004).
- Ramos-Vara, J.A., and M.E. Beissenherz. Optimization of immunohistochemical methods using two different antigen retrieval methods on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues: Experience with 63 markers. J. Vet. Diagn. Invest. 12(4):307-311 (July 2000).
- Stanton, J.B., et al. Immunohistochemical analysis of two strains of lion (Panthera leo)-adapted canine distemper virus in ferrets (Mustela putorius furo). Vet. Pathol. 40(4):464-467 (July 2003).
- Berg AL, et al. Necrotizing encephalitis of unknown cause in Fennoscandian arctic foxes (Alopex lagopus). J Vet Diagn Invest. 19(1):113-7 (Jan 2007).
- Stanton, J.B., et al. Development of a semi-nested reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction assay for the retrospective diagnosis of canine distemper virus infection. J. Vet. Diagn. Invest. 14(1):47-52 (Jan. 2002).
Interested in more information for one of our testing options? Please fill out the form below, and one of our helpful representatives will contact you to gather more information.