Bovine - Test Kits
Neospora caninum Antibody Test Kit, cELISA
Fifteen months from date of QC release.
Store at 2-7° C. Do not freeze!
2 plates, maximum 184 samples
This Neospora caninum Antibody Test Kit is a competitive, enzyme-linked, immunosorbent assay (cELISA). Sample serum N. caninum antibody inhibits binding of horseradish peroxidase (HRP)-labeled N. caninum-specific monoclonal antibody to N. caninum tachyzoite antigen coated on the plastic wells. Binding of the HRP-labeled monoclonal antibody conjugate is detected by the addition of enzyme substrate and quantified by subsequent color product development. Strong color development indicates little or no blockage of HRP-labeled monoclonal antibody binding and therefore the absence of N. caninum antibody in sample sera. Weak color development due to inhibition of the monoclonal antibody binding to the antigen on the solid phase indicates the presence of N. caninum antibodies in sample sera.
No Product Restrictions
- Baszler, T.V., et al. Validation of a commercially available monoclonal antibody-based competitive-inhibition enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of serum antibodies to Neospora caninum in cattle. J. Clin. Microbiol. 39(11):3851-3857 (Nov. 2001).
- Baszler, T.V., et al. Serological diagnosis of bovine neosporosis by Neospora caninum monoclonal antibody-based competitive inhibition enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. J. Clin. Microbiol. 34(6):1423-1428 (June 1996).
- Larson, R.L., et al. Economic considerations for diagnostic and control options for Neospora caninum-induced abortions in endemically infected herds of beef cattle. J. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc. 224(10):1597-1604 (May 2004).
- Jakubek, E-B., and A. Uggla. Persistence of Neospora caninum-specific immunoglobulin G antibodies in bovine blood and lung tissue stored at room temperature. J. Vet. Diagn. Invest. 17(5):458-460 (Sept. 2005).
- Waldner, C.L., et al. Agreement between three serological tests for Neospora caninum in beef cattle. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2004 Jul;16(4):313-5.
- Millan J., et al. Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii and Neospora caninum in feral cats (Felis silvestris catus) in Majorca, Balearic Islands, Spain. Vet Parasitol. 2009 Nov 12;165(3-4):323-6. Epub 2009 Jul 15.
Interested in more information for one of our testing options? Please fill out the form below, and one of our helpful representatives will contact you to gather more information.